2013 Campbell University Army ROTC Battalion Cadet Summer Training Results:
- Send 55 cadets to Summer Leadership evaluation course
- More than 50 % earned Excellent Performance Rating
- 15 Cadets earned honors of top 5 in their platoon consisting of 40 or more Cadets
- 5 Cadets earned toP 10 % of their regiment concisting of 400 Cadets
- 9 Cadets attended Summer Internship with active lieutenants
- 2 Cadets completed Air Assult trainiing at FT Bragg, NC
- 2 Cadets completed Air Assult training at FT Benning, GA
- 20 High School Students presented ROTC Scholarship Awards
- 1,797,000 scholarship money presented on behalf of Cadet Command
Campbell Battalion continues to excel as one of the top programs across the nation.
The followimg awards are presented by organizations outside the Battalion for academic excellence, demonstrated leadership, professionalism,integrity,honor,patriotism,commitment,teamwork, and selfless service not only in a military enviornment but in our civilian communities as well.
- The Daughter Of The American Revolution National Defense Certificate And Medal
- The Sons Of The American Revolution National Defense Certificate And Medal
- The United Service Automobile Association Spirit Award
- The Reserve Officer Association Certificate And Medal
- The National Sojourner's Certificate And Medal
- The Military Officers Association Of America Monetary Award
- The Colonel Retired Anthony J. Brill Foundation Scholarship Award
Established in 1989 to recognize the best Cadet battalions within United States Army Cadet Command at the national (270+ battalions) and regional (110 battalions) levels in three categories (small, medium and large programs)
- 1989 1st ROTC Region winner in (Small School Category)
- 1990 1st ROTC Region winner in (Large School Category)
- 1991 1st ROTC Region winner in (Large School Category)
- 1994 National Winner (Large School Category)
- 1999 National Winner (Large School Category)
- 2001 1st ROTC Region winner in (Large School Category)
- 2003 2nd in Nation (Large School Category)
- 2004 1st in Nation (Large School Category)
Overall Commission Mission Success Award
Years Won : 1999-2013
Hughes Trophy (Top Cadet in the Nation)
- 1995 Cadet Kevin J. Perera
- 2001 Cadet Yancy Baer
Maxwell D. Thurman Award
Established in 1991, this award is presented by the Department of North Carolina, Reserve Officers' Association (ROA) to the Cadet who at Advanced Camp for the respective year attains the highest competitive score/rating among all the Cadets from North Carolina campuses.
- 1991 Cadet Thomas Amidon (Camel Company)
- 1999 Cadet Keith Mixon (Bronco Company)
- 2000 Cadet Yancy Baer (Camel Company) 996 points out of 1000 possible
- 2002 Cadet Scottie Benson (Camel Company)
Ranger Challenge Competition
This is an annual event comprised of 19 Universities throughout North Carolina, Virginia, and South Carolina. This is a competition with numerous events such as Land Navigation, Obstacle Course, Hand Grenade Assault Course, Army Physical Fitness Test, Commander’s Event, One Rope Bridge Event, Leadership Reaction Course, Weapons Event and continuous Road Marching throughout the entire competition.
- 2012 - 5th Place
- 2013 - 4th Place
The following awards are no longer awarded:
Awarded to the institutions with the highest Cadet averages in demonstrated leadership potential.
Years won: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1997
Awarded to the institutions with the highest Cadet averages in combined military proficiency scores.
Years won: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997
Awarded to the institutions with the highest Cadet averages in physical fitness.
Years won : 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996
Cadet Command All-Pro Team
This award is determined by the Region Commander
Won : 1995
Awarded for overall excellence at Advanced Camp
Years won : 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990
Rifle Marksmanship Award
Awarded to the institutions with the highest average scores for those Cadets qualifying as Marksman or above.
Years won: 1987, 1988, 1989
Land Navigation Award
Awarded to the institutions with the highest average raw scores on Land Navigation
Years won: 1989, 1992
This award is presented to the top North Carolina school at Advanced Camp based on the Advanced Camp Training Assessment Program (ACTAP)
Years won: 1989, 1990